“Death Note” is a popular Japanese manga series written by Tsugumi Ohba and directed by Tetsuro Araki. It was created by Madhouse studio and produced by Toshio Nakatani, Manabu Tamura, and Masao Maruyama. The series originally aired on Nippon TV from October 4, 2006, to June 27, 2007, comprising 37 episodes.
The story revolves around Light Yagami, a genius high school student who discovers a mysterious notebook called the “Death Note.” This notebook grants its user the ability to kill anyone by writing their name on its pages. The series falls into the genres of mystery, psychological thriller, and the supernatural.
“Death Note” has achieved masterpiece status in anime culture for several reasons:
- The mystery surrounding the Death Note sets the series apart from other anime.
- The intricate mind games played by the characters add to its appeal.
- The absence of inappropriate content distinguishes it from some other anime.
- The thriller and supernatural elements of the Death Note make the story more captivating.
- The series has a significant adult fan base.
- Well-developed characters, including Light Yagami, contribute to the series’ popularity.
- Unexpected twists in the plot enhance the overall interest.
- Light Yagami’s geniusness adds to his allure as a character.
- Other characters like L and Misa Amane play pivotal roles, contributing to the suspense and intrigue.
“Death Note” has become a masterpiece with a vast global fan base. People continue to show immense interest in the series, watching it repeatedly. Light Yagami’s character, with his genius intellect, further elevates the series’ attractiveness. Overall, “Death Note” is a beloved anime that has trended on social media.
Why did China ban Death Note?
The popular psychological and supernatural thriller series has been banned by the Chinese government for being too extreme for viewing.
Is Death Note banned in India?
No, the Indian government hasn’t made any announcement of banning the most popular anime Death Note. However, there are a lot of followers of Death Note in India who want the series to be dubbed in Hindi or other regional languages.
Which anime is banned in Japan?
Japan has outlawed the anime movie, Shoujo Tsubaki. The story of the film is about a 14-year-old girl named Midori who undergoes extreme emotional and sexual trauma due to a group of circus performers.